02 Nov Talk of the Old Town: #InstaBusinessOld Town! We’ve been getting noticed more ever since we opened our Insta account. Don’t believe us? Take a look at our booming page, and make sure to follow us! We’ll #followback.
So what makes Instagram so important for businesses? The #InstaBusiness has been a hot trend and it’s continuing to grow as Instagram’s numbers grow. Because you can link your Facebook business page to your Instagram, you can also see insights and data from your Instagram posts and take advantage of in-channel advertising, placing your ads between posts in a user’s feed. These advertisements say sponsored in the right corner above the photo to distinguish them among others, but a well-designed ad will blend seamlessly into the user feed.
It’s no question that Instagram is continuing to gain popularity. Compared to Twitter, their numbers are outstanding. Let’s examine the importance of this social channel and why digital marketing experts (that’s us!) are supportive of the migration to this visual social app. First, let’s take a look at the stats:
- There are over 500 million monthly active users on Instagram
- Over 300 million users log in and engage with the app daily
- More than 80% of users are outside the U.S.
- Instagram boasts an average of 4.2 billion daily likes
- Over 95 million photos and videos are shared per day
You have to be strategic about your ads in order to create that seamless affect we mentioned. It’s almost like donning camouflage so you can connect with the audience as a personable business rather than turn users away with an obvious advertisement just looking to pitch a product. Show your Insta users that you care. We don’t want to give away the secret recipe – so you’ll have to contact us to learn more about the strategy.
This increases a business’ chance to be seen on Instagram and to boost user engagement. Instagram also demonstrates a casual, more intimate approach to business and takes away the stiff, buttoned-up look some businesses can project. Let’s face it: Instagram is not a home for stock photos, reposts of your logo, and constant blog updates. It’s a place for you to show users the human faces behind your brand, demonstrating a personable company that people will want to interact with. This can be done several ways, and creatively, through Insta’s many features and a growing army of third-party apps.
1. Instagram Stories Similar to Snapchat, Instagram launched “Instagram Stories” for users to share photos that only last for only 24 hours and don’t appear in your feed or on your homepage photo grid. They allow you to use different pen colors to feed creativity and share moments throughout your day.
2. Boomerang It’s an app where you create a moving snippet, otherwise known more commonly as a .gif. Does someone in your office have a quirky habit that would be fun to capture on Instagram? Download Boomerang to start showing off your employees hard at work while having a little bit of fun.
3. Hyperlapse Have you heard of the hyperlapse photography technique? It’s where you capture video with a much quicker speed than you are actually moving. Hyperlapse allows users to share these types of videos. Thought they may seem at home on a business traveler’s feed who is always on the go, we think they’d look slick on any Instagram feed.
4. Layout There are several apps that can be found in any app store to create collages on Instagram. Layout is one of those, which gives you the ability to share more than one photo in that Insta square. This ideal for users who don’t want to clutter their page with multiple posts that can instead be condensed into one aesthetically pleasing image.
5. Videos Instagram started out as a social channel that allowed users to post only photos, but now it gives us the ability to post videos. The app announced in March this year that they wanted to allow users up to 60 seconds of video for their postings. Even though a picture is worth a thousand words, 60 seconds of video could be worth so much more!
If you’re interested in developing a social media presence, especially on Instagram, we’d love to help you get started and expand your influence. Get in touch with us so we can launch your #InstaBusiness today.