25 Feb Taking Care of Business Blogging: Why You Should Start One TodayCoca-Cola, Whole Foods, and General Electric. If your business doesn’t have a blog, why not? Stats from the CMO Council state that 9 out of 10 business-to-business customers greatly consider a company’s online content when making a purchase decision. Blogging is a valuable source for potential customers who may rely on your content before buying into your product or service. Social Spice Media shares 5 reasons why you should get the ball rolling on business blogging:
1. It’s an Effective Marketing StrategyAccording to the Content Marketing Institute, more than half of survey participants said that blogging was one of the most impactful marketing strategies for 2018. So if you are already using social media, e-newsletters, and the occasional public relations campaign to boost business, why should you add blogging to your recipe? Think about where your social media posts and emails are directing prospective clients. You might be leading people to your business’s home page, but not everyone wants to be told to “Buy from us!” all the time. Your blog should provide useful content that will add to your customers’ lives. If you’re sharing with readers about why your product/service is great, what fuels your passion for your company, the people behind your brand, and industry trends, your audience may be more compelled to give you their business.
2. Boost SEOWith blogs, you have the opportunity to boost your brand’s profile in online searches. You can improve your search engine optimization (SEO), increasing the likelihood that your business will show up in the first few pages of someone’s Internet search. This in turn will up your website’s traffic and ideally, turn window shoppers into full-fledged customers.
3. Target the Right CustomersYour brand may not appeal to every demographic but blogging gives you the chance to cater to the audience you do want to target. For example, certain luxury brands aren’t going to target an audience that falls outside the general income range of that brand’s shoppers. By taking advantage of website analytics, you can also see who’s reading your content, what they’re most interested in, and what they’re talking about. Blogging creates a space for you to address customers’ needs and challenges while giving your brand more name recognition over time.
4. Assert Yourself as an Expert in Your FieldProviding timely and relevant content on a regular basis will catch audiences’ attention, setting up your brand as a valuable resource. LinkedIn is a useful channel for posting about industry topics and updates and you’ll catch the interest of professionals who may work in your same field. Additionally, your blog content will help you grow your brand as well as your following. In short, more people will hear about who you are.
5. Stay on Top of ThingsOnce you’re committed to publishing a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly blog, you’ll have to be on top of your game by staying up-to-date on newsworthy topics and trends. You want to be an industry leader, not someone who simply meets the bare minimum. You’ll be challenged to come up with creative ideas for content, frame your blog with new angles, and engage with your audience every day.
Get in touch with Social Spice Media today to learn more about our business blogging services. Our team develops a plan based on your business needs by creating an effective blog schedule with creative, engaging content relevant to your business. Do you know someone who could benefit from our services? Refer them to us today! Our team is eager to connect with businesses in any industry. We serve the local needs of Ventura County and Santa Barbara as well as anywhere in the United States.